Is cloudinary tracking the user behaviour or anything else of my website?

Options
BenediktUlrich
BenediktUlrich Member Posts: 2
edited April 2023 in Developer APIs

Due to GDPR I need to know, if cloudinary is tracking the user behaviour or anything else of my website when an image is loading or used. Otherwise i have first to block the images and after accapting the cookies show the images. Therefore it is very important for us to know it.

best regards from germany!

Tagged:

Answers

• rlux
    rlux Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 53
    Options

Hi @BenediktUlrich --

Cloudinary is GDPR compliant. For the purposes of the Cloudinary media management platform service, we are a data processor and our customers are data controllers, or data processors as well.

Cloudinary’s privacy policy, including contacts for removal requests and our data retention policy, is available at https://cloudinary.com/privacy.

Our most recent DPA version (March 2022) can be found here.

• BenediktUlrich
    BenediktUlrich Member Posts: 2
    Options

As I understand it right, it is about the usage of the website cloudinary. But if I have an own website and it loads pictures from cloudinary to preview it on the website, is cloudinary then collecting data about users on my website? I can not find a text about this inside the DPA or privacy page.

Thank you and best regards,

• Stephen
    Stephen Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 13
    Options

Hi Benedikt,

Rachel forwarded your question to our support team directly, and I'll follow up via our ticketing system directly soon

Regards,

Stephen