What flags are copied when cresting a product environment based on another environment?

pludlow
pludlow Member Posts: 17
edited February 2023 in Developer APIs

When creating a new product environment (aka: sub-account, cloud), there is an option to base the new environment on an existing environment. In the Console UI this option lists as "Base product environment" and states:

"Optionally select an existing product environment from which limits and other custom configurations will be copied."

The provisioning API documentation has this listed as an optional parameter of base_sub_account_id and describes this as:

"The ID of another product environment, from which to copy all of the following settings: Size limits, Timed limits, and Flags. The parameter is called base_account in some SDKs."

I would like to know which flags are copied, as I have yet to find a resources of the flags that can be set on a product environment. Based on some testing I have found the following flags seem to be copied:

I'm sure there are more, and it would be great to have a resource of all these flags. Many of these flags currently can only be enabled by Support, which leads to another related request of knowing all the feature flags available that could be enabled with a Support ticket.

Tagged:

Answers

• Ranson
    Ranson Cloudinary Staff Posts: 16
    edited February 2023

Hi Phil,

The flags that are mentioned in the article are internal flags that our team utilizes to enable certain features like the ones that you listed. These are not publicly available flags as there are certain features that are only available to specific account levels or not applicable anymore. If you are interested in any features that you find on the documentation as is with Dynamic Folders, please open a support ticket and our support team will gladly assist with getting it enabled!

The ability to copy the settings/flags to a newly created cloud ( sub account ) is there to ensure that clouds maintain uniformity between eachother to ensure development goes smoothly if transitioning or creating a separate cloud that you'd like to maintain all current enabled features on.

If you're interested in what features might be available for your account specifically and you are on a paid account with a CSM, it is advised to reach out to them as they'll have additional information on what features are available to your account.

I hope this makes sense and please let us know if you have any further questions

• pludlow
    pludlow Member Posts: 17

Thanks for your response. I understand the reasoning why the list may not be publicly available, although my opinion is that it would be better to have a list/table of the flags and then list which may be deprecated or available to only certain plan tiers—maybe encouraging upgrading.

I'd rather be aware of the features available for the plan I'm on, instead of having to stumble across documentation and then reach out to a CSM or support to get it enabled (although future self-service options would make that easier).

I will reach out to my CSM to see what flags we may have available to us. Thanks.