Global search for metadata not working

Options
Wildnote
Wildnote Member Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in Digital Asset Management

Global Search is not finding photos using the embedded metadata anymore - we use this everyday to find specific photos and it stopped working on Monday. Is this a bug? Or a change to the way search works? It is production critical for us to be able to search for photos using the metadata as it is the quickest and most efficient way to get to a particular photo. And yes, the box is check in our preferences to include embedded metadata in global search.

Tagged:

Answers

• Ranson
    Ranson Cloudinary Staff Posts: 19
    Options

Hello Wildnote,

Would you be able to share some specific examples of what you are searching for and what the expected results would be of the search? If you are not comfortable sharing these publically in the forums, you can send us a support ticket by reaching out to support@cloudinary.com and we can continue the conversation there.

• Wildnote
    Options

Thanks for the reply! Sometimes I don't have the Cloudinary ID for a photo, but I do have the metadata. In that scenario, I use the Altitude from the metadata in the Global Search to find the Cloudinary ID. It used to return one or maybe a couple results - enough that I could figure out which was the correct photo. Until it stopped working Monday. And, I did submit a ticket and have not heard back yet. Thanks!

• Ranson
    Ranson Cloudinary Staff Posts: 19
    Options

I apologize but I'm not seeing any tickets in our system, however, I remember we received a phone call.

Since this does involve specifics about the account, it would be best to handle this over a direct ticket. Would you please try opening a new support ticket via this link: https://support.cloudinary.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?

For a quick response, looking through some of the assets in what I believe to be the associated account, they do not contain any structured metadata value. So while the structured metadata key exists, the value does not and that is why the searches are failing. The addition of the structured metadata values would be handled during the upload process and I would verify with any teams that created this workflow, to verify the integrity of the process.

• Wildnote
    Options

Ok, I sent a ticket, thanks for helping!