Rails 7 - TinyMCE and Cloudinary

Options
Sabrina97490
Sabrina97490 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2023 in General

Hello, I have a Rails 7 application in which I've integrated Cloudinary and TinyMCE. I have Devise and Pundit installed as well. Cloudinary is working perfectly fine; for instance, when a user signs up, they're able to upload their photo.

However, I haven't been able to find much information about TinyMCE. I would like the user to be able to insert an image into the TinyMCE text editor, with the image being stored on Cloudinary.

How can this be achieved?

I've come across bits and pieces of tutorials here and there, but nothing conclusive.

Thank you for your assistance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Tamara
    Tamara Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 100
    Options

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out.

While we used to offer integration between Cloudinary and TinyMCE through the 'cloudinary_tinymce' plugin, I regret to inform you that this plugin is no longer supported, and its endpoint has been sunset.

As of now, there isn't a supported integration method for Cloudinary and TinyMCE. If you're open to alternatives, you might need to explore custom solutions, such as manually uploading images to Cloudinary and inserting the generated URLs into TinyMCE.

If you have further questions or need assistance with anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

-Tamara

• Sabrina97490
    Sabrina97490 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you have resources to help me to explore custom solutions ?

Do you have other text editors like TinyMCE to advise me that would work with Cloudinary?

Thanks

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 99
    Options

Hi @Sabrina97490,

Sadly we don't have any specific recommendations for text editors to use with Cloudinary. As Tamara suggests, one approach would be to upload an image to Cloudinary and then manually embed it using your editor - alternatively, you could always try to develop your own plugin for TinyMCE and use that. I appreciate that may be significantly more work, however I'm afraid we don't have any direct integrations with rich text editors.

I was able to find this reference guide on creating your own TinyMCE plugin, which I hope is useful: https://www.tiny.cloud/docs/advanced/creating-a-plugin/