Create video API

Options
c19Grief
c19Grief Member Posts: 4
edited September 2023 in Developer APIs

Hi there!

I am trying to combine several videos into a grid with the create video api. The documentation is great and easy to follow. I have been testing the process with Postman. I sign the request with the manifest json as a parameter. The request is successful with a status code of 200. I receive a response object with the status (processing), the public id and the batch id. However, it's been half an hour and I have not seen any generated videos in my asset manager. I assumed the video creation would not take so long and also assume that I am missing something.

Is there a way to check on the status of a batch? What else can I try?

Happy to share code.

Thanks for your time!

Aslam

Tagged:

Best Answer

• c19Grief
    c19Grief Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    Options

Solved this myself. I had the incorrect public ids for some of the videos I was trying to combine. I discovered that I could get an error report by setting the notification_url property, and analysing the response at that endpoint. Hope that helps others. Not sure if that's in the documentation, but that might be a helpful addition.

Thank you.

Answers

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 99
    Options

Hey @c19Grief.

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved, and we really appreciate you following up to your own post with the resolution - it really does go a long way to helping other Cloudinary users.

If you need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch either here, or by raising a support ticket.

All the best :)

-Danny