Preset and url combination

Options
christoforos
christoforos Member Posts: 3
edited October 2023 in Developer APIs

Hello,

I have a presete that has 3 eager image resize and it works fine. Besides that I want set some tags to my images. Is it possible to pass the a request that defines the preset and also some tags that take place after the preset? or can I pass to my preset the tags dynamically from the url?

Tagged:

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 125 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can add tags to your images by specifying which tagging add-on you would like to use in your upload preset. This can be found in the Media analysis and AI tab of your upload preset. You will see a list of options, such as Amazon Rekognition Auto Tagging, Google Auto Tagging, and more. Be sure to set the auto-tagging confidence threshold as well. 0.9 would be a very high confidence that the tag is accurate. 0.2 would be pretty low confidence - so you might see some unexpected results the lower you go.

Here is some documentation on managing your upload presets in the DAM:
    https://cloudinary.com/documentation/dam_admin_upload_presets#media_analysis_and_ai

I hope this helps. Please give it a shot and let me know how it goes. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• christoforos
    christoforos Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hello, thanks for the answer but this is not what I am looking for.

I don't want to auto tag the photos. I want to send them the tags I want on the request but I also want to run my preset eager tranformations.

Is this possible?

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 74
    Options

Hi there,

I would like to suggest 2 options to add tags:

1. Through the upload preset: You can define tags in your upload preset in the Media analysis and AI . These tags will be applied to all images uploaded using this preset.
    2. You can add tags to your images dynamically after the upload is done by using Cloudinary’s API. You can use the tags parameter to add tags to an image. Here’s an example of how to add tags to an image using Cloudinary’s Node.js SDK:
    cloudinary.v2.uploader.add_tag('tag1,tag2', 'public_id', function(error, result) {
      console.log(result);
    });

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Wissam