Product Gallery Video Issue & Mobile Image Mode

Options
ChrisS
ChrisS Member Posts: 5
edited October 2023 in Developer APIs

Hi All

I have a couple questions/issues that I'm looking to get some help with

Firstly, i have noticed that on the Product Gallery, when I load in a video and attempt to click it, nothing happens, it doesn't open into the popup view. I can see it working if i scroll to it from another image. This also happens on the demo page

And secondly, is there a way to force the mobile view mode of the product gallery to expanded and not in the classic carousel view. Its something preferred on the site I'm working with at the moment

Many Thanks

User Agent - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/115.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Device - Surface Book 2

Comments

• Tamara
    Tamara Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 100
    Options

Hi there,

Regarding the first issue, could you clarify if you've embedded Cloudinary's video player within the Product Gallery widget or if it's simply a standalone video? It would be helpful if you could provide an example and share the corresponding code for better assistance.

Regarding your second question, you can customize the viewport behavior as outlined in our documentation.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or need further assistance.

Best regards,

Tamara

• ChrisS
    ChrisS Member Posts: 5
    Options

Hi Tamara

I didn't know there was a Cloudinary Video player that needed to be used as the documentation says that it would use the HTML5 Player by default. I'll check about using the Cloudinary Video player if this is the preferred method and if it doesn't will send some examples and code snippets.

For the image listings your documentation states

`expanded - The main viewer is expanded and all assets are displayed in vertical columns. Not supported by mobile devices where the widget always uses classic mode.`

This is what i'm wanting to set and use

Many Thanks

Chris S

• Tamara
    Tamara Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 100
    Options

Hi Chris,

To assist you effectively, could you kindly share your code with us? If possible, consider using JSFiddle or CodeSandbox to create a project. I'd like to mention that using the Cloudinary video player in the Product Gallery Widget might not be the most recommended approach.

Best regards,

Tamara