Intergration with Digital Ocean and Cloudflare

Options
Kamez
Kamez Member Posts: 4

Hi, Cloud someone give me some advice? I have my website (real estate) on Digital Ocean and also using Cloudflare, but now I'm thinking about how can I manage my images (adjust, improve images)? I heard about Cloudinary but not sure how to integrate with Digital Ocean and Cloudflare

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 72
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi there,

To integrate Cloudinary with Digital Ocean, you can follow the steps below:

1. First, you need to create a Cloudinary account if you don’t have one already.
    2. Next, you can use Zapier to connect your DigitalOcean and Cloudinary accounts. Zapier is a third-party service that allows you to automate workflows between different apps. You can use Zapier to create a workflow that automatically uploads images from your DigitalOcean server to your Cloudinary account. You can read more about it here: Connect your DigitalOcean to Cloudinary integration in 2 minutes | Zapier and also here: Connecting Cloudinary with Zapier | Cloudinary
    3. To connect your DigitalOcean and Cloudinary accounts using Zapier, you need to authenticate both accounts and then select the trigger and action that you want to use for your workflow. For example, you can set up a workflow that automatically uploads images from a specific folder on your DigitalOcean server to your Cloudinary account whenever new images are added to that folder.
    4. Once you have set up your workflow, you can test it to make sure that it is working correctly.

Please note that Cloudinary already provides CDN and does not need Cloudflare.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Wissam

Answers

• Kamez
    Options

Thanks Wissam, But in this way I will have 2 locations that store my images right?

• Wissam
    Options

Yes, that’s correct. When you integrate Cloudinary with Digital Ocean and Cloudflare, your images will be stored in both locations. However, this can be beneficial as it provides redundancy and ensures that your images are always available to your users.

• Kamez
    Options

Thank you very much

• Wissam
    Options

Great, Happy to see that it is useful.

• Kamez
    Options

Yes, but in the first step I decide to store only in Cloudinary.

When admin adds home for sale and send to my api I will send images to Cloudinary and not store for my side.

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 99
    Options

Sounds good, Kamez.

If you still want your images to have redundancy, and don't want to upload them to Cloudflare, you might want to consider using our automatic backup feature, which you can read about here: https://cloudinary.com/documentation/backups_and_version_management#enabling_automatic_backup

Please let us know if you have any further questions :)