Question about credit

Options
milanche895
milanche895 Member Posts: 1
edited January 11 in General

Hi Cloudinary team,

I'm making a small application and I'm using your service to store images. Since the application has not yet been completed, I wanted to ask you for more information about loans.

Are the loans renewed every month?

If yes. how does credit renewal work?

Tagged:

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 124 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Cloudinary plans are based on what we call Credits. This is where any of the 3 quotas, Transformation, Storage, and Bandwidth consume a shared pool of Credits. 1 credit equals 1,000 Transformations / 1GB Storage / 1GB Bandwidth.

For example, the Free plan allocates 25 available Credits. It means you can use these 25 credits in any combination between the three quotas as long it totals 25. You can use 5,000 Transformations, 10GB of Storage, and 10GB of Bandwidth.

Alternatively, you can use 2,000 Transformations, 20GB of Storage, and 3GB of Bandwidth. Or any combination in between the three quotas as long as it adds up to 25 Credits. This is similar to all other off-the-shelf plans like Plus and Advanced.

The Credit usage itself is calculated based on the last 30-day rolling period and not per calendar month, billing date or monthly based on your registration day. Therefore, the credits don't reset (or expire), but the usage will rise and fall daily based on the data within that last 30-day period.

For example, on the Dashboard today a user would see the usage for their account between the days of 6 October till 4 November. Tomorrow, the calculations for usage would be based on the data for the period 7 October to 5 November and so on.

You can find more information in the guide here:
    https://support.cloudinary.com/hc/en-us/articles/203125631-How-does-Cloudinary-count-my-plan-s-quotas-and-what-does-every-quota-mean-

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights