Go/ Fiber Image Upload Not Working in Production

Options
davidkroberts
davidkroberts Member Posts: 2

HI, this is an odd one and a bit unlike what I have seen from others.

My local dev environment is and has been working without a hitch at all but when I try it on a production environment is am getting a filepath error that remains unresolved.

from production logs...

ive already tried adjusting the filepath the match the absolute. it doesnt work either.

failed to upload file: open ./public/uploads/377x305xoldswitch.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tLOiHcLqd4.jpg: no such file or directory

browser error

Go Code from main function and helper function

ummm, why is this happening?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Zachary
    Zachary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 25
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey there,

The error message you're seeing, "failed to upload file: open ./public/uploads/377x305xoldswitch.jpg.pagespeed.ic.tLOiHcLqd4.jpg: no such file or directory," suggests that the program or process is trying to upload a file, but it can't find the specified file in the given directory.

There are a few things that might be happening, to rule some things out can you try the following?

1. Double-check the path to the file and the filename to make sure it is accurate. There might be a typo in the filename or path.
    2. Check the file permissions to make sure the program or process has read access to the file and write access to the directory where it's trying to upload the file.
    3. Ensure that the path provided is either an absolute path or a path relative to the current working directory of the program. A relative path like "./public/uploads" is relative to the current working directory, while an absolute path starts from the root directory.

Answers

• davidkroberts
    davidkroberts Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hey,

yeah i came to the same conclusion. Just circling around to this response. The file system wasnt saving correctly on the platform side and I am still working on the resolve. Thanks for the update.

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 71
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Please keep us posted in case you have additional questions.

Regards, Wissam