Local dev environment

Options
webstackdev
webstackdev Member Posts: 2
edited December 2023 in Developer APIs

Is there a Docker image providing the Cloudinary API that I could use for local development in a project that uses Cloudinary? How should I set up a dev environment for the service?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stephen
    Stephen Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

If you want to have a separate test or staging environment, you can point your staging code to a different product environment that you use only for staging (if you have a paid plan with multiple environments possible).

If you don't have a plan that allows multiple environments, you could configure your production/staging decode to use a different folder in your main account or use a different Cloudinary account entirely.

It's permitted to have multiple accounts provided they're used for different applications or environments and not as a way to circumvent our free plan's quotas by using multiple accounts for the same application

Regards,

Stephen

Answers

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 71
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.

There is no official Docker image for Cloudinary. There are multiple ways to use our API.

You will need to install one of our Cloudinary SDK for your preferred programming language or framework as described here:

https://cloudinary.com/documentation/cloudinary_sdks

Please review and let me know your feedback.

Regards,

Wissam

• webstackdev
    webstackdev Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks Wissam. What's the recommended approach to test Cloudinary in a development environment? I'm using the Javascript SDK.