Uploading Files with Incoming Transformations in Postman

Options
alexs
alexs Member Posts: 1 āœ­
edited December 2023 in Developer APIs

I've duplicated the Postman collection and now I'm trying to upload images with the q_auto transformation like this -

(with a file selected obviously)

No matter what I set the quality too though, I always get a "file size too large" error, showing the same file size for the uploaded file.

I can't figure out whether that's because you can only send 10mb files in the initial request or if the transformation parameter's not being picked up?

The transformation builder shows that q_auto should be added to the URL path but doing that gives me a "page not found".

I've also asked about this on Discord, I'll update this post if I get a reply there first.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 123 admin
    Answer āœ“
    Options

Hi Alexs,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, that sounds like you're hitting the max image file size limit of 10MB as per https://cloudinary.com/pricing/compare-plans and the limit applies even if you are applying optimisations via incoming transformations as initially we still need the original file after which incoming transformations are applies.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or queries.

Kind Regards,
    Thomas

Developer Support Engineer
    Customer Success team
    Cloudinary UK

Helpful Links For You
    šŸ’¬ Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    šŸ§‘ā€šŸŽ“ Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    šŸ“„ Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    šŸ“° Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights