Received the following m "... cloudinary_status, is late to run..."on my Site Health dashboard

Options
Boris
Boris Member Posts: 3
edited December 2023 in General

Hi, I recently deleted the Cloudinary plugin on my Wordpress site. I just noticed the following message on my Site Health dashboard: "The scheduled event, cloudinary_status, is late to run. Your site still works, but this may indicate that scheduling posts or automated updates may not work as intended."

Is there still a connection between my site and Cloudinary?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 72
    Options

Hi @Boris ,

The "cloudinary_status" event you're seeing on your Site Health dashboard is likely a remnant from when the Cloudinary plugin was active on your WordPress site. When you deactivated and uninstalled the Cloudinary plugin, all assets should have been delivered from WordPress storage and transformations would no longer be applied.

However, depending on how your storage was configured, there might be some residual data. If your storage was set to "Cloudinary only", you would have needed to sync your assets back to WordPress before deactivating the plugin to prevent any issues.

If you're still seeing the "cloudinary_status" event, it's possible that not all data relating to Cloudinary was deleted when the plugin was uninstalled. This doesn't necessarily mean that there's still a connection between your site and Cloudinary, but rather that some data or settings from the plugin might not have been completely removed.

It is also mentioned in our documentation: https://cloudinary.com/documentation/wordpress_integration#uninstall

Bets Regards,

Wissam

• Boris
    Options

Ok, good to know, thanks. Is there a way to remove these remnants?

• Boris
    Options

Also I want to add from a recent  PageSpeed Insights test, Cloudinary is referenced in:

Diagnostics >Reduce the impact of third-party code:

Cloudinary content   11 KiB   …large-victorian- /large-victorian-.png?…(res.cloudinary.com)   11 KiB  

------------

and also listed under  Serve static assets with an efficient cache policy:

Cloudinary content      11 KiB …large-victorian- /large-victorian-.png?…(res.cloudinary.com)   30d   11 KiB 

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 72
    Options

Hi @Boris ,

Thank you for the additional information.

While it should be harmless to keep the cron registered — if WordPress can't find the relevant code to process the cron, it should be skipped.

As for the message on PageSpeed insights, the provided information isn't enough to have a clear picture.

Can we know the URL for that website so we can try to detect what might be the case?

Thanks,

Wissam