Cloudinary gallary widget zoom popup and transformation question

Options
merry
merry Member Posts: 1
edited December 2023 in Developer APIs

Hello all,

I use the gallary widget with a crop:fill transformation on all assets and an aspect ratio of 4:3 and am happy with my results.

I would like to also make use of the zoom popup feature but am running into the following issues:

• the Crop:Fill is trying to very aggressively crop 16:9 images to fill mobile device screens. Is there a way to either force the 4:3 aspect ratio on the popup or to use a different crop transformation strategy in the popup?
  • Is there a way to close the popup when a user clicks outside the image? Clicking the top right X can be difficult on mobile devices.

Answers

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 99
    Options

Hi Merry.

Sadly, although we allow a variety of configuration options with ZoomProps and ZoomPopupProps, I'm afraid at this time we don't have the ability to specify a separate transformation to be applied on the zoomed in version.

Likewise, the position of the close button, or closing in an alternative way, is also not supported at this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will do our best to help.

Kind regards,

-Danny