Google Merchant Center claiming it can't access Cloudinary images

Options
boomiej
boomiej Member Posts: 2
edited January 29 in Developer APIs

The error is vague: Processing failed [image link]

I tried accessing our images in the browser locally, works fine. It's working in production as well for all users, no complaints.

However, what was weird was when I asked ChatGPT to take a look at the URL structure, it said it couldn't fetch the URL and get a status 200.

Does Cloudinary have blocks in place for things like Googlebot and GPTBot?

Tagged:

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 123 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please share exactly what you asked ChatGPT, so I can try to reproduce the result that you were given?

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• boomiej
    boomiej Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yep, it was just:

can you crawl https://res.cloudinary.com/[redacted].jpg

ChatGPT

Error browsing

I'm unable to directly access or crawl the content of the image from the provided URL. However, if you can download and upload the image here, I can assist with analyzing or providing information based on the image content.

• SreeCloudinary
    SreeCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 26
    Options

Hi @boomiej ,

Thanks for your response.

Looks like the URL is redacted here. Can you please create a support ticket at support.cloudinary.com so that we can take it further.

Please specify the cloud name, URL etc.

Thanks,

Sree