Autocrop with AI

Options
Aqua
Aqua Member Posts: 5
edited April 15 in Developer APIs

Dear Community,

I wanted to ask if it is possible to autocrop images?

Upload aprox. 100-200 images and autocrop them in 2 Formats.

The AI should recognice where to cut the foto. See example attached.

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Aqua
    Options

recognize 

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 124 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can use the automatic gravity ( g_auto ) transformation to do this. Cloudinary will determine the most interesting area of the image is selected as the main focus for the requested crop. You can add this to an upload preset or you can pass the transformation to the upload call if you use the API.
    Please refer to the following documentation for additional information, including syntax and examples:
    https://cloudinary.com/documentation/resizing_and_cropping#automatic_cropping_g_auto

Please give that a try and let us know what you think. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• Aqua
    Options

I am not a programmer. You have some solution like here: https://app.crop.photo/home2

volume photos? I dont need to upload the photos. I just need to process them and download them.

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 124 admin
    Options

Hi there,

I am not familiar with the website you shared, and it looks like I would need to create an account to see the functionality it offers.
    But the short answer to your question is that you will need to upload your photos to Cloudinary in order to transform them.
    You do not need to be a programmer to upload and transform your photos. In addition to Programmable Media, we also offer Digital Asset Management, which allows you to use the UI for your workflow. You can find that documentation here:
    https://cloudinary.com/documentation/digital_asset_management_overview#dam_features

In particular, I would recommend reading the sections titled 'Efficient and rapid upload' and 'Dynamic image and video transformations'.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, just let us know.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• Aqua
    Options

Thank you for your comment. I am very interested in your services. So its possible to upload the photos and crop them automatically in a batch? I have to take some time and test it.

• Aqua
    Options

ist it possible to talk by skype, whatsapp or phone some time? I think that would solve everything quicker. I am really interested in your services. thank you in advance

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 99
    Options

Hi @Aqua .

I'm afraid we don't often provide real-time support, as conversations can are quite technical in nature, and it's good to have a written reference to look back on. Plus, with these comments being public, any solutions discussed here may help others with similar requests in the future.

The easiest way to perform a bulk transformation would be to set up an upload preset which uses an incoming transformation, set to the parameters you need. This will transform any image that is uploaded using this preset, saving the transformed version, and discarding the original.

Then, using the Media Library, you can bulk select any assets you require and download them as a zip file.

Alternatively, you may want to look into low-code/no-code solutions such as Zapier or our own MediaFlows. This allows you to upload an asset and perform an action or set of actions, giving you more control over your uploads, without having to be a developer. For instance, you could set it so that when an asset is uploaded, you capture the secure_url (which is the URL at which your transformed image would be available) and add it to a Google Sheet.

I hope this helps. Please give this a try and let us know if you encounter any specific issues.

Kind regards,

-Danny