Auto Upload Mapping to Google Drive in Cloudinary Settings

Options
IanL
IanL Member Posts: 2

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible, and if it is what am I missing, in connecting a google drive folder to cloudinary in the settings using the auto upload mapping.

Ideally i'd love a specific folder and all it's subfolders on my google drive to sync automatically to cloudinary. I'm fine using cloudinary as the CDN. I'm more trying to create an auto backup of the folder and structure. So when a new folder is added with additional subfolders that structure and those files are synced with cloudinary?

If it's already possible i guess i'm just missing the folder and url prefix layout.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 98
    Options

Hey @IanL.

This is definitely possible! If you haven't already seen, have a look at our documentation regarding adding a Google Cloud Storage bucket as an auto-upload location: https://cloudinary.com/documentation/upload_parameters#upload_from_a_private_storage_url

It should just be a case of adding the bucket to your auto-upload mapping and making sure we have read access, but give it a try and let us know if you encounter any errors. We'll do our best to help :)

Thanks,

-Danny

• IanL
    IanL Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hey @DannyFromCloudinary! Thanks for following up.

I just want to verify, I'm trying to connect a business Google Drive folder, not a Google storage bucket.

I've been able to achieve file uploads through make.com, but folders don't seem to track. Ideally as we add new folders in drive, it will upload/create the folders in cloudinary and match.

As well, i was hoping the mapping feature would eliminate the need to use a 3rd party tool like make.com

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 98
    Options

Hi Ian.

My apologies, I misinterpreted your request. Sadly, because Google Drive is something of a walled garden, we don't have access to your folder structure, and thus can't map an auto-upload location to it. Using a third-party service such as Make or IFTTT is unfortunately, going to have to be the way to go.

Thanjks,

-Danny