Cloudinary Upload Widget has stopped working on chrome

Options
RaymondAllen
RaymondAllen Member Posts: 3 ✭
edited March 22 in Developer APIs

The cloudinary upload widget, included with this script, "'https://upload-widget.cloudinary.com/global/all.js'" has suddenly stopped working on chrome. The drag and drop feature of the upload widget is working fine but the button that says "Browse" is no longer working. It is acting as if there is no onClick.

We're using the createUploadWidget function included on this script to create the widget iframe and it has suddenly stopped working in our production environment.

This issue is not affecting mobile. It is also not affecting Safari. Seems to be just desktop on chrome that we're aware of.

This issue can be seen on the cloudinary doc page for the widget too at the following link. The browse button is no longer clickable on chrome. This makes us believe it is a problem with the script and not something that has changed on our end.

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 123 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am not able to reproduce the error you are describing. The example in our documentation also works for me without issue.

Can you share some more information, such as what version of Chrome are you using? Did your code used to work? If so, when did it stop working? Do you see any console errors? The more information you can share, the easier it will be for us to troubleshoot the issue.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    πŸ’¬ Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ“ Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    πŸ“„ Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    πŸ“° Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• RaymondAllen
    Options

Hi there. I noticed this issue on Friday in all of our environments that used the cloudinary widget. We then noticed it was the same on the cloudinary documentation page so we can be sure it is not related to our implementation of the widget. On monday morning the issue was gone for me but was still happening on a coworkers machine when viewing the cloudinary documentation page on chrome on desktop.

My version of chrome auto updated over the weekend and my coworkers did not. On version 122.0.6261.129 of chrome the issue was still visible but I can't see it on version Β 123.0.6312.59. We have a screen recording of the issue occurring on the cloudinary documentation page on chrome version 122.0.6261.129 (arm64) on a MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.1.1. When my coworker updated his version of chrome to the latest version the issue was resolved. So it very much seems like it's related to specific versions of chrome.

As I said above we noticed this on Friday 22nd but are not sure when exactly this started occurring. It was working fine at least a week prior to that as we were actively using the cloudinary widget a lot around that time and saw no issue.

I no longer see the issue but when checking it out I don't recall seeing any console errors or warnings. It just seemed like the onClick from the button wasn't there. Also the hover style for the button seems wrong. Upload was still working just fine as the drag and drop was not a problem.

I can't attach the screen recording of the issue here but would be happy to send it if there's a specific channel that you would like me to send it on.

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 71
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for the details.

Happy to see that the button is clickable in the latest Chrome version.

I searched in our logs, but I don't see that we have such an issue, but I have found the following discussion here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/17cr8js/does_anyone_else_experience_links_and_buttons/

Best Regards,

Wissam

• RaymondAllen
    Options

Hi Wissam

Although the issue is not visible on chrome 123.0.6312.59 it was visible this morning on 122.0.6261.129. That is a stable chrome release from this month.

I am not sure what you mean by "I searched in our logs, but I don't see that we have such an issue". I am not sure in what way you would expect to see this in logs, it looks like a web interactivity issue.

The reddit page you linked seems to be related to this issue linked below which has a far wider scope than just the one button on one particular widget. This issue was visible across multiple machines and multiple websites and only related to just the Browse button on your upload widget. What's described in that discussion doesn't sound like it fits.

Again I have a screen recording of this problem I can provide but I can't attach it to this forum. If you have an email address or something you want me to provide it to I can send it.

Kind regards

Raymond Allen

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 123 admin
    Options

Hi Raymond,

You can send a support request to us via the support button in the DAM console or via support@cloudinary.com.

If you can reliably reproduce the issue, please also do a jam.dev recording for us so we can check if there's anything at the browser/network level errors being thrown.

Sincerely,

Ranson

Helpful Links For You
    πŸ’¬ Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ“ Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    πŸ“„ Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    πŸ“° Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights