Failed calling 'upload' - error: upload() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given

Options
maxdraki
maxdraki Member Posts: 2

Hi - I've been using the command line tool to upload images with bash for a few years, but it's just started erroring and I'm not sure why..

The error is - Failed calling 'upload' - error: upload() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given

The code is

cld uploader upload ~[…]/$image public_id="images/" $public_id use_filename=true overwrite=true

I'm not sure what's changed or what the problem is - can someone please help?

Thanks

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 124 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you let me know when you uploaded and got this error? I'm only seeing one failed upload from today. It returned a 401 because the signature was invalid.

I also see a number of successful upload requests from today, so let me know if the issue has been resolved.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• maxdraki
    maxdraki Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Tia

The problem must be on my end, but I'm not sure what it is - I changed from using the command line tool to the API and (with a bit of trial and error!) it now works..

Thank you

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 72
    Options

Hi @maxdraki

Happy to see that it works for you now.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Wissam