Upload Widget on Android 14 doesn't allow Camera if clientAllowedFormats: 'image'

Options
Gobbo
Gobbo Member Posts: 2
edited June 12 in Developer APIs

I am using the Upload Widget in a normal web page (no web-view app or anything like that).
As per title, the Widget on Android 13 and older works fine.

However on Android 14, if I pass clientAllowedFormats: 'image' to exclude videos, then I do not have the usual Camera option after tapping "My files". I only get a list of images along with a message saying that "This app can only access the pictures you pick":

If I do not pass clientAllowedFormats: 'image' , then after tapping My files I do get the option of using my Camera directly, but that means I'd be able to upload videos as well, and then get denied by resourceType: 'image' after server side checks:

How do I limit the upload to images only, but also keep the possibility to take a picture directly with the camera, on Android 14?

Thank you 😊

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 78
    Options

Hi @Gobbo ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm able to replicate this as well and we will investigate further and keep you posted.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

• Tom
    Tom Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 78
    Options

Hi @Gobbo ,

I've raised a bug for this but do not have an ETA right now but will keep you posted.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

• Gobbo
    Gobbo Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi @Tom ,

thank you a lot, I will wait.

I do have something else to ask: I was trying to find out a list of available releases and the changelog of the Upload Widget, with no luck.

More specifically, so far I've always included something like: <script src="https://upload-widget.cloudinary.com/2.1.15/………….
    Specifying the actual version, rather than using .com/latest/…

That was to avoid breaking changes, anyway a list of the version and a changelog would help me decide when to bump. Is that available somewhere?

Best regards,
    Gobbo

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 135 admin
    Options

Hi @Gobbo,

Thanks for getting back.

I'm afraid there is no release log for the upload widget currently.
    One option you can do is periodically check what https://upload-widget.cloudinary.com/latest/global/all.js redirects to set your script to that version.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Thomas

Developer Support Engineer
    Customer Success team
    Cloudinary UK

Helpful Links For You
    💬 Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    🧑‍🎓 Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    📄 Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    📰 Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights