PDF file not Opening via link

Shahab
Shahab Member Posts: 1

Hey,

I am not able to open pdf by link provided to me on upload of raw type file , on opeing i get on webpage.

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 401

On media file when i open pdf file i see error

{"error":{"message":"Customer is marked as untrusted","code":"show_original_customer_untrusted"}}

however on download click it gives file

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 160 admin

Hi Shahb,

Thanks for contacting us.

To protect the security and integrity of our customer accounts, we restrict the ability of new accounts to deliver PDFs and Archive files like .zip or .rar.

It's always possible to upload and manage those files, and you can download them using our Media Library, but a restriction applies to deliver them publicly and you'll see an HTTP 401 error in that case.

For PDFs that are uploaded as resource_type: 'image', it's possible to use those PDFs with our transformations features, so you can convert the PDFs to another image format and deliver them that way, such as by using the page transformation (pg_ in URLs) and setting the extension to an image format like jpg: https://res.cloudinary.com/demo/image/upload/pg_1/multi_page_pdf.jpg

You can remove this restriction yourself if you're sure that any PDF or archive files uploaded by your users will be compliant with our policies, by enabling the option in the "PDF and ZIP files delivery" section of your account's security settings.

There's more information about that available in the documentation also: https://cloudinary.com/documentation/image_delivery_options#blocked_delivery_formats_for_security

Regards,
    Thomas
    Developer Support Engineer
    Cloudinary

--
    💡 Improve your site's performance by applying optimization features when delivering assets

💬 Community Forums | 🧑‍💻 Discord Server
    🧑‍🎓 Academy Training | 📖 Documentation | 📰 Blog