Named transformation with user-defined variables not allowed

Options
fahico98
fahico98 Member Posts: 6 โœญ
edited February 2 in General

I'm trying to define a named transformation for my web application user profile picture section for a cropped image, I defined the followed transformation in the transformation builder:

I'm working with Strict Transformations mode enabled and I tried to crop a public image with "upload" Delivery type just like this:

https://res.cloudinary.com/torrevia/image/upload/$w_100/$h_100/$x_50/$y_50/t_pp_crop/torrevia/users/avatars/default/adx0z2fq0wqo41oawoqb.jpg

But the given image was not delivered and I got an "401 Unauthorized" error. Debuging with Cloudinary Media Inspector Google Chrome extension it looks like this:

It shows the user defined variables ($w, $h, $x, $y) values assignment transformations as not allowed transformations.

If I set the "pp_crop" transformation with static values instead variables it works fine.

Can somebody help me with this ?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 135 admin
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hi there,

I think the reason this is not working is that you have strict transformations enabled. Dynamic transformations with strict transformation enabled will require a signed delivery URL. Please take a look at the following documentation to learn more:
    https://cloudinary.com/documentation/delivery_url_signatures

Give that a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŽ“ Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    ๐Ÿ“„ Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    ๐Ÿ“ฐ Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

Answers

• Cloudinary Team
    Cloudinary Team Administrator, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 135 admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

In your delivery URL, I see that you are putting a slash ( / ) between each transformation. You should use a comma instead .../$w_100,$h_100,$x_50,$y_50/t_pp_crop/...

Can you make those adjustments and let me know how it goes?

Kind regards,

Tia

Helpful Links For You
    ๐Ÿ’ฌ Share questions, connect with other users in our Cloudinary Community forums and Discord server!
    ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŽ“ Join our Cloudinary Academy for free courses, workshops and other educational resources.
    ๐Ÿ“„ Read our documentation for in-depth details on Cloudinary product features and capabilities
    ๐Ÿ“ฐ Check out the Cloudinary blog for the latest company news and insights

• fahico98
    edited February 2
    Options

• fahico98
    Options

Hi team,

Thank you for your answer.

I already tried with commas instead slashes but a got the same error.

• johnr
    johnr Member Posts: 7 โœญ
    Options

Hi Fahico,

Great to know that this has been sorted out.

If you have more questions please feel free to reach out!

Best Regards,

John