Third-party cookies will be blocked, how to solve it?

Options
Trent
Trent Member Posts: 1

I'm getting this warning when making requests to get images hosted on Cloudinary.

class PostImages(models.Model):

post = models.ForeignKey(Post, related_name='images', on_delete=models.CASCADE)

image = models.ImageField(upload_to='post_images/', storage=MediaCloudinaryStorage())

DEFAULT_FILE_STORAGE = 'cloudinary_storage.storage.MediaCloudinaryStorage'

After that I simply loaded the model in a view and passed it to the template, and then loaded the images

Tagged:

Answers

• Cloudinary_John_H
    Cloudinary_John_H Cloudinary Staff Posts: 35
    Options

Hi Trent,

Would it be possible to provide some more context here?

I'm not immediately sure how what you have shared relates to cookies. Would it be possible to share some more information?

Thanks

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm also wondering if there's action I need to take regarding the deprecation of third-party cookies on Chrome, here's a link to Google's info on the topic: https://developers.google.com/privacy-sandbox/3pcd.

I have a web-app that allows users to upload to Cloudinary. I'm seeing this notice in the Chrome devtools:

Cookies with the SameSite=None; Secure and not Partitioned attributes that operate in cross-site contexts are third-party cookies. In future Chrome versions, reading third-party cookies will be blocked. This behavior protects user data from cross-site tracking. Please refer to the article linked to learn more about preparing your site to avoid potential breakage.

AFFECTED RESOURCES

7 cookies

Name                    Domain & Path
    __cfruid                .cloudinary.com/
    _cfuvid                 .cloudinary.com/
    _ga                     .cloudinary.com/
    cf_clearance            .cloudinary.com/
    _hp2_ses_props.<number> .cloudinary.com/
    _hp2_id.<number>        .cloudinary.com/
    _ga_<id-or-something>   .cloudinary.com/

• DannyFromCloudinary
    DannyFromCloudinary Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 99
    Options

Hey @rowdy.

The deprecation of cookies is something we're certainly aware of and are working towards accommodating. For now, there is no official advice I can provide, but please stay tuned to our documentation and blog for further updates in the upcoming months.

Kind regards,

-Danny