PDF Files Error

Options
Kwame_Odoom
Kwame_Odoom Member Posts: 2

I'm using cloudinary as my default file storage for my django project. If I upload images from my application to cloudinary, I can get to view the uploaded image from the particular object's url. However, if I upload pdfs and I try viewing the uploaded pdf from application, I get the error "This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 401"

After I check my cloudinary console, I get to see the pdf has been uploaded but can't view it from my application. Can anyone here help me out

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wissam
    Wissam Member, Cloudinary Staff Posts: 72
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Kwame_Odoom ,

To protect the security and integrity of our customer accounts, we restrict the ability of new accounts to deliver PDFs and Archive files like .zip or .rar.

It's always possible to upload and manage those files, and you can download them using our Media Library, but a restriction applies to deliver them publicly and you'll see an HTTP 401 error in that case.

You can remove this restriction yourself if you're sure that any PDF or archive files uploaded by your users will be compliant with our policies, by enabling the option in the "PDF and ZIP files delivery" section of your account's security settings.

There's more information about that available in the documentation also:  https://cloudinary.com/documentation/image_delivery_options#blocked_delivery_formats_for_security

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Wissam

Answers